If you haven't already submitted your event, click here. Also, stay tuned with all that is going on in the Hudson Valley with the Hudson River Valley Greenway and National Heritage Area newsletter!
- All Mandeville House Tours have been CANCELED.
- Olana's Mingled Flower Garden Tour will now be taking place on September 1st rather than September 21st.
- The Piermont Station Museum will be CLOSED September 8th.
- Sail Through Art History on September 15th has been CANCELED.
The Original Knickerbocker - Washington Irving & The Legend of Sleepy Hollow
Sleepy Hollow Cemetery - South Gate
430 North Broadway
Sleepy Hollow, NY 10591
Region: Lower Hudson
- August 31, 2019, 11:00AM
- September 1, 2019, 11:00AM
- September 7, 2019, 11:00AM
- September 8, 2019, 11:00AM
- September 14, 2019, 11:00AM
- September 15, 2019, 11:00AM
- September 21, 2019, 11:00AM
- September 22, 2019, 11:00AM
- September 28, 2019, 11:00AM
- September 29, 2019, 11:00AM
DetailsEvent Type Historic Site Tour Description Celebrate the Bicentennial of the publication of"The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" as we walk to Washington Irving's final resting place. Learn more about the talented Mr. Irving, his influence on popular culture today and reflect on why "The Legend" has never been out of print for almost 200 years! You'll also go inside the Receiving Vault (which is over 119 years old), stop at the Revolutionary War monument, as well as admire this historic cemetery's lovely art and architecture during a one-hour walking tour. Sponsoring Organization Sleepy Hollow Cemetery
RegistrationTickets are $9.99 if purchased in advance from our website www.sleepyhollowcemetery.org or $10 cash if bought on-site.
Additional InformationAdditional Equipment Required: This one-hour walking tour covers some steep areas, stairs and unpaved roads. Sturdy walking shoes are recommended.
Event Duration (hours): 1
Walking Distance to Amtrak or Metro North Station
Barrier Free or Wheelchar accessible? Yes