If you haven't already submitted your event, click here. Also, stay tuned with all that is going on in the Hudson Valley with the Hudson River Valley Greenway and National Heritage Area newsletter!
- All Mandeville House Tours have been CANCELED.
- Olana's Mingled Flower Garden Tour will now be taking place on September 1st rather than September 21st.
- The Piermont Station Museum will be CLOSED September 8th.
- Sail Through Art History on September 15th has been CANCELED.
Revolutionary War Headquarters Site
Van Wyck Homestead Museum
504 Route 9
Fishkill, NY 12524
Region: Mid Hudson
- September 7, 2019, 1:00PM, Last Tour Starts at 3 PM
- September 8, 2019, 1:00PM, Last Tour Starts at 3 PM
- September 14, 2019, 1:00PM, Last Tour Starts at 3 PM
- September 15, 2019, 1:00PM, Last Tour Starts at 3 PM
- September 21, 2019, 1:00PM, Last Tour Starts at 3 PM
- September 22, 2019, 1:00PM, Last Tour Starts at 3 PM
- September 28, 2019, 1:00PM, Last Tour Starts at 3 PM
- September 29, 2019, 1:00PM, Last Tour Starts at 3 PM
DetailsEvent Type Historic Site Tour Description The Van Wyck Homestead was built in 1732, and enlarged to its present size in 1757. It is one of the oldest homes in Dutchess County. During the American Revolution the home was used as an Officers' Headquarters for the Fishkill Supply Depot soldiers' encampment (Oct. 1776 - Oct. 1783). Dozens of notable Revolutionary War heroes visited the Homestead - including George Washington, Alexander Hamilton, John Jay, and Marquis de Lafayette to name a few. For more information about this historic homestead please visit: www.FishkillHistoricalSociety.org Sponsoring Organization Fishkill Historical Society
Additional InformationActivities: Guided Tours (about one hour long) will be given from 1-4 PM Saturday and Sunday. Last Tour is at 3 PM. Revolutionary War era documents and artifacts are on display. No Fee - donations appreciated. Self-guided bicycle tour brochures for Fishkill will be available 24/7 in the display case of the Van Wyck Homestead Museum located at the Jct. of I-84 exit 13 off Route 9 in Fishkill. Driveway entrance is off Snook Road.
Event Duration (hours): 1
Barrier Free or Wheelchar accessible? Yes