If you haven't already submitted your event, click here. Also, stay tuned with all that is going on in the Hudson Valley with the Hudson River Valley Greenway and National Heritage Area newsletter!
- All Mandeville House Tours have been CANCELED.
- Olana's Mingled Flower Garden Tour will now be taking place on September 1st rather than September 21st.
- The Piermont Station Museum will be CLOSED September 8th.
- Sail Through Art History on September 15th has been CANCELED.
Tappantown Historical Society's Annual Colonial Day
The DeWint House/Washington's Headquarters
20 Livingston Street
Tappan, NY 10983
Region: Lower Hudson
- September 28, 2019, 12:00AM, ends at 5pm
DetailsEvent Type Fairs and Festivals Description Step back in time and visit Colonial America. Tour the Carriage House Museum and the DeWint House with costumed guides. See Colonial Army reenactors, encampment soldiers, live farm animals and preparations for winter in the DeWint House kitchen. Watch spinners, lacemakers, quilters, embroiderers, woodcarvers, a sheepshearer, blacksmith and colonial singers and dancers. For the children there is apple pressing, stenciling, candle dipping, writing with quill pens, making tussie mussies, juggling and making a mob cap. Refreshments available. Sponsoring Organization Tappantown Historical Society
Additional InformationAdditional Equipment Required: no.
Event Duration (hours): 5
Barrier Free or Wheelchar accessible? Yes