If you haven't already submitted your event, click here. Also, stay tuned with all that is going on in the Hudson Valley with the Hudson River Valley Greenway and National Heritage Area newsletter!
- All Mandeville House Tours have been CANCELED.
- Olana's Mingled Flower Garden Tour will now be taking place on September 1st rather than September 21st.
- The Piermont Station Museum will be CLOSED September 8th.
- Sail Through Art History on September 15th has been CANCELED.
Gravestone Cleaning Workshop at Fostertown Cemetery
24 North Fostertown Road
Newburgh, NY 12550
Region: Mid Hudson
- September 14, 2019, 11:00AM
- Rain Date: September 15, 2019, 11:00AM, If it also rains on this date, the event will be postponed to another weekend yet to be determined
DetailsEvent Type Gravestone Cleaning Workshop Description Expert Marianne Greenfield, proprietor of Gravestone Cleaning Service, will instruct 16 participants on the proper techniques of caring for gravestones. She will begin with a quick talk about the only recommended method of cleaning and then the hands-on portion of the workshop begins. Expect to get dirty - the results will be worth it! Sponsoring Organization Office of the Orange County Historian
RegistrationAdvance registration required.
There are only 16 spots are available for this event. Interested participants must register by Tuesday, September 10th. Please contact Nicole Nazzaro by email at NNazzaro@orangecountygov.com to register.
Additional InformationAdditional Equipment Required: Each participant is asked to bring the following: 1. New, clean plastic pail 2. New nylon or plastic bristle scrub brush (be sure it fits in your hand in the pail). Both pail and brush can be from the dollar store 3. 1 pair of new, unused wooden chopsticks 4. Own drinking water, insect repellent, bag lunch or snack, if needed
Event Duration (hours): 2
Not suitable for children under age 12.
Barrier Free or Wheelchar accessible? No