If you haven't already submitted your event, click here. Also, stay tuned with all that is going on in the Hudson Valley with the Hudson River Valley Greenway and National Heritage Area newsletter!
- All Mandeville House Tours have been CANCELED.
- Olana's Mingled Flower Garden Tour will now be taking place on September 1st rather than September 21st.
- The Piermont Station Museum will be CLOSED September 8th.
- Sail Through Art History on September 15th has been CANCELED.
The hiker’s parking area is about 1.4 miles south of the Bear Mountain Bridge traffic circle on Route 9W, just North of the road into Iona Island.
Region: Lower Hudson
- September 21, 2019, 10:00AM
DetailsEvent Type Walk/Hike Description Join David Steinberg, author of "Hiking the Road to Ruins", for an exploration of the abandoned hamlet of Doodletown. We'll visit cemeteries, mines, and look for vestiges of the old town. Signed copies of the book will be available for purchase. Sponsoring Organization Hiking the Road to Ruins
RegistrationAdvance registration required.
Advance registration is appreciated.
Additional InformationFoot trails, woods roads, some bushwhacking possible.
Additional Equipment Required: A magnet on a string.
Event Duration (hours): 5
Lunch Break: Yes
Bring your own lunch.
Length (miles): 8
Path: Returns to start
Boots Needed: Yes
Barrier Free or Wheelchar accessible? No